M otorsport: The rally season begins
- From February 11th it will finally be that time again. Then the World Rally Championship ( WRC ) starts the new season. The start in snowy Sweden promises spectacular drifts against a picturesque backdrop. For the first time, the former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkönen compete with the world elite of cross-drivers. The iceman competes in the Citroen Junior Team for the entire season. At the next World Cup run in Mexico at the beginning of March, Youtube-Star Ken Block be at the start for the first time. This season, Ford's number 1 Mikko Hirvonen finally wants to end the series of record world champion Sébastian Loeb in a Citroen C4 WRC and crown himself king of lateral drivers.
Celebrity birthday children - congratulations
- Ex- Renault - Head of Design Patrick Le Quément celebrated his 65th birthday on February 4th.
- Ex-Formula 1 driver Christian Klien will be 27 on February 7th.
- GM product legend Bob Lutz celebrates his 78th birthday on February 12th.
- Bernd Pischetsrieder celebrates his 62nd birthday on February 15th.
New at the dealer, special offers and special models
- The Peugeot 107 is now available as a new special model in the Black & Silver Edition. On board are, among other things, light alloy wheels, leather /Alcantara upholstery, air conditioning and CD radio. The little French is available in the colors gallium gray and caldera black. For the three-door model, Peugeot charges 12,350 euros, the five-door model costs 12,800 euros.
- For the models Nissan Pixo , Micra and Note offers Nissan a special leasing offer with zero euros down payment and zero percent interest. It is valid until February 27th.
- Citroen now has the' Citroen Double Flat 'in its range. As part of a 48-month leasing offer, this covers all maintenance, repairs to wear and tear, complete insurance coverage and a four-year factory guarantee and mobility guarantee. The French offer the Citroen C3 from one monthly leasing rate of 120 euros for the Citroen C1 109 euros are due for the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso and the C5 the monthly costs amount to 239 euros (each plus a one-time special payment).
Trade fairs and exhibitions
- From the 5th to the The Bremen Classic Motorshow takes place on February 7th. Over 550 exhibitors from twelve nations present themselves on around 40,000 square meters. The VW -Autostadt shows numerous historical classics in Bremen . Also Alfa Romeo is with the special show ' Bella Macchina 'present. Seven selected automobile rarities from different eras can be seen, including the Alfa Romeo 8C Spider.
- On Saturday, February 13th, the Autostadt in Wolfsburg is offering the workshop 'Engines that move' for children and young people from the age of twelve. The workshop takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Further dates: March 20.
- On February 27 at 8 p.m., the German Film Orchestra Babelsberg will play famous music from film history in the Autostadt Wolfsburg. At the same time, the corresponding film excerpts will be shown on a screen. Tickets are available for 20 euros.
- From January 22 to May 16, 2010, the Albertina Museum in Vienna is showing the 'Cars' exhibition from the Daimler Art Collection. Works by Andy Warhol, Robert Longo, Sylvie Fleury and Vincent Szarek will be shown.
- The Autostadt Wolfsburg is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2010 with numerous special events. Among other things, the Autostadt will present the exhibition 'Icons of Motorcycle History' until April 11th.
- Until April 28th.In February 2010 the Porsche Museum at Porscheplatz in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen shows the special exhibition 'Panamera Moment'. It offers insights into the development of the fourth Porsche - Series.