I In this article you will find:
- A Chronicle on the exhaust gas scandal
- Voices from press and experts
- All diesel models on the US market in pictures
- Technical background, Questions, Answers - everything you need to know
- The declaration of the presidium of the VW supervisory board after the crisis summit
Obviously, the proposed voluntary repair of the affected VW models is not enough for the authorities . At the beginning of October, Volkswagen presented the KBA with a corresponding plan.
EU Internal Affairs Commissioner Elzbieta Bienkowska asked VW to put all the facts on the table as quickly as possible. 'This affair must be fully clarified in order to win back the trust of the customers,' she told the 'Bild'. The disclosure is 'in the interests of Volkswagen and the entire European auto industry'.
Meanwhile, around 400 top managers will meet with the new VW boss Matthias Müller on Thursday (October 15, 2015). At the Porsche plant in Leipzig he will, according to the FAZ, 'inform about the investigations, the upcoming recalls and the tightened savings targets.'
The Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) originally gave VW a deadline of October 7th set to present a 'binding action plan and schedule' as to whether and by when his vehicles would comply with emissions regulations without manipulation software.