At this price, customers then receive the P orsche Macan S with the 340 hp three-liter -V6. If you prefer diesel in your Macan instead of gasoline, you have to resort to the 258 PS diesel engine and also shell out 57,930 euros. But Porsche wouldn't be Porsche if a top model with the nickname Turbo didn't add to the model portfolio. The Porsche Macan Turbo costs 79,826 euros and, with its newly developed 3.6-liter V6 biturbo, provides a whopping 400 hp.
Porsche Macan wide and flat
The looks of the new Porsche SUV based on the platform of the Audi Q5, wide and flat - also wider and flatter than its in-house Q5 competitor. In terms of design, it is based on the 911 and the 918 Spyder. From the latter it takes over the basic shape of the headlights, from the 911 the lowering roofline and the 'softly shaped' rear fenders, so Porsche. Large air inlets dominate the front view, and in the top model, specially designed aerodynamic elements are also used in the outer air inlets.
The highlight at the front, however, is not the dynamic, aggressive look, but the contoured bonnet that encompasses the headlights and partially the fenders. The joints in the bonnet can only be seen in the side view. There the Porsche Macan shows more than 18 or 19-inch alloy wheels with wide tires, but also trim strips in the lower area of the doors called sideblades and made in black. With the Macan Turbo, they are painted in the same color as the car as standard, and as an option they are available in real carbon.
3D lights at the rear
If the gaze wanders towards the rear of the new Porsche Macan, the viewer sees a tidy and rounded finish. The roof edge spoiler gives the model a certain extra length, the rear window is flat. The rear is dominated by the three-dimensional, narrow rear lights that extend far into the fenders. The Porsche logo is prominently displayed in between.
In the lower area of the apron there is a diffuser, to the right and left of it round double-flow exhaust pipes peek out of theApron out. In the top model of the Macan, they are rectangular.
In the interior, well-known design elements can be found in a new mixture. The driver and front passenger are separated by a rising, wide center console. The dashboard appears flat. The driver looks at three round instruments with a central rev counter. On the left his gaze falls on the speedometer, on the right there is a 4.8 inch color display (for on-board computer and PCM map display).
Porsche Macan with 918 steering wheel
As is typical for Porsche, the ignition lock is on the left. The driver reaches into a three-spoke multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles that is familiar from the 918 Spyder. Another eye-catcher on the dashboard is the 7-inch touchscreen that is part of the CDR Plus audio system. The audio system also offers a USB interface for external devices and eleven speakers. Those who buy Porsche Communication Management (PCM) receive a navigation module with hard drive in addition to the functions of the CDR Plus.
Standard equipment for the Porsche Macan (excerpts):
- ACC Adaptive Cruise Control
- Start-stop function with sailing function
- Porsche double clutch transmission (PDK) with shift paddles on the steering wheel
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) including electronically controlled multi-disc clutch, automatic brake differential (ABD) and traction control (ASR). With the all-wheel drive system, the rear axle is permanently driven and the front axle is switched on depending on the degree of locking of the multi-plate clutch.
- Porsche Active Safe (PAS) to avoid rear-end collisions.
- Offroad mode: Active between 0 and 80 km /h are among others the shift speeds and speeds are designed for traction, the clutch is preloaded, and the torque distribution between the front and rear axles is adjusted. Also includes Porsche Hill Control (PHC) hill descent aid.
- Sport button: When activated, it controls the engine management. Accelerator pedal impulses should be more direct, the rev limiter is set harder, the engine characteristics are more dynamic. Among other things, the PDK shifts the switching points up, the switching times are shorter. The engine sound is also adjusted. The chassis control system PASM (Sport Active Suspension) - only standard on the Macan Turbo - adjusts the damping and enables more direct steering and more agile driving behavior.
- Electrically operated tailgate
- Sideblades in black, with Macan Turbo in body color.
- Sports tailpipes made of chrome-plated stainless steel
- Multifunction steering wheel with buttons for telephone, radio and on-board computer
- Interior package in black piano lacquer (Macan S)
- 8-way comfort seats with Alcantara center section (Macan S) and adjustable height, seat and backrest inclination
- Adaptive sports seats with 18-way memory package in leather (MacanTubro) also optional seat ventilation
- Interior package aluminum (Macan Turbo)
- Porsche Communication Manager PCM (only Macan Turbo) available with speed limit display
- Bi-Xenon main headlights ( Macan Turbo) with cornering lights Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- Fog lights
- Rear seat backrests 40:20:40 foldable
Optional equipment (Excerpts):
- Air suspension: In offroad mode, the system increases the ground clearance by 40 mm, maximum ground clearance 230 mm.
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus ) is intended to improve steering behavior and precision through braking interventions on the inside wheel. Off-road spin of the rear wheels should be reduced.
- Sport Chrono Package: Enables a sportier set-up of the chassis, engine and transmission. Also affects the engine sound. Analog and digital stopwatches are located on the center console. Optionally this includes ..-
- - Porsche Communication Management (PCM): Provides information on total vehicle or lap times as well as Launch Control for a more effective start.
- Dynamic high beam PDLS Plus (Dynamic Light System Plus)
- Sideblades for Macan Turbo in real carbon, for Macan S and Macan S Diesel in body color
- Interior decor in dark walnut or carbon
- Camera-based can be deactivated Lane assistant with active steering intervention
- Deactivatable radar-supported lane change assistant with optical signal in the exterior mirrors
- Light comfort package with LED technology for dimmable ambient lighting
- Two-part panoramic roof