I The experts take the working paper on the tender documents the national control center not mince words. 'Despite funding requirements and minimum standards of the charging station ordinance, the customer is confronted with isolated solutions, high levels of unreliability, inconsistent information and numerous different user interfaces!' And: 'For the successful market ramp-up of e-vehicles, however, you need a (predictive and scalable) needs-based, nationwide and user-friendly charging infrastructure (LIS)'> Nationwide and nationwide, that doesn't sound like a dynamic implementation. But that's exactly what it's about. The Europe-wide tender should start in the fourth quarter of 2020 at the latest and be completed after around 8 months. Goal: 1,000 locations with at least a double-digit number of charging points. Important: Unlike before, this call for tenders is not about distributing subsidies to companies, which then pick the most lucrative locations for charging points. Now the state is having NOW GmbH built directly. With the aim of establishing a nationwide fast charging network.
The most important framework conditions at a glance:
- The Bund is building , but will not be the operator of the charging facilities itself. Long-term contracts with operatorsguarantee planning security.
- In addition to extensive expansion, the federal government attaches great importance to maximum minimum availability and the attractive equipment of the new locations (toilets, etc.)
- Fast charging stations (High Power Charging) are in the foreground in the tender. Power per charging point: at least 150 kW .
- As a result of the tender, the federal government will select several operators .
- Since the nationwide Operation of a fast charging infrastructure can only be economical in the medium or long term , the federal government compensates for the operators' losses . This makes it possible to set up locations that are not very lucrative in the long term, but are absolutely necessary from the user's point of view.
- The role of the operator of charging devices (Charge Point Operator - CPO) is advertised. , not the role of the E-Mobility Provider (EMP). All mobility providers and spontaneous loaders must have access non-discriminatory and on the same terms .
- The Bund will use its own space for the construction Provide . In addition, private plots can also be used in the future if they are suitable and secured in the long term.
- The charging infrastructure will be built on a long-term basis : It will be implemented in a first phase by Secured in 2030. In a targeted second phase , the federal government wants to ensure that the charging points remain available on user-friendly terms even after the contracts have expired.